WEBDESIGN READINESS GUIDE
When starting out on any new webdesign project a set of guidelines can be helpful for both designer and client to establish roles, goals and agreement. The product is to gain a better understanding of how the client sees their website and what intention they have for it; what kind of user experience do they want visitors to have when they are browsing for and viewing their product.
- Gather lots of descriptive and origin information about the client, their brand and their intended public / audience.
- Will it be a static or active website?
- Establish and note if they have a clear mission statement for their business – product, service or concept.
- Do they have a clear understanding and expression of their brand?
- Do they: a) have and want to use a logo? b) need to get and use a logo? c) want to create a header only, using a catchy image and font?
- Define role as webdesign originator and creative colaborator.
- In addition to establishing style of HEADER or LOGO as above, go over all post / page options; what kinds of pages the client wants and how they want to populate them. Be sure to cover CONTENT and STYLE.
FOOTER OTHER _
(Exiting Content, SEO, ETC.)